Friday, September 5, 2008

Welcome to my blog...




I'm Rick Barnes,

Pastor of Christian Education, Worship, Drama, Life Groups (small groups),Senior Adult ministries and coordinate the overseas and home missions trips for First Assembly of God in Hermitage, PA. I have been an Ordained minister with the Assemblies of God for over 22 years. My wife Kathy (of 28 yrs.), is a Therapeutic Staff support and a Lead Mental Health coordinator for children who are mentally challenged also in Hermitage, PA. I have two children. My son Eric, is a Graphic Design major at Missouri State University in Springfield, MO, where he is a Senior. My daughter Kari, is a Physical Education major at Evangel University also in Springfield, MO, where she is a Sophomore.

My aim and desire with this blog is to share my thoughts and things that I have learned in ministry & life experiences.

Recently, I have been reading George Barna's book, "Revolution," where Barna says that "an explosion of spiritual energy and activity," is taking place today. He continues to say that an "unprecedented reengineering of America's faith dimension," is occuring. I see this happening in our country and in my own life. Barna goes on to point out that these "Revolutionaries," desire basically 4 things:

1. They don't like playing games
2. They are aggressive in their faith
3. They want more of God
4. They are very determined to "make a difference," with their lives.

Reading and considering this has prompted me to re-evaluate my faith, my motives, my heart, my passion as I seek to follow the Spirit's leading. It has definitely challenged me to think differently.

1 comment:

Pastor Rich said...

Yeah for Pastor Rick's blog!