Friday, September 19, 2008

The New Extreme Rush...Swooping

A few years ago I skydived from 14,000 feet. It was the ultimate rush! Experiencing the sensation of free-falling at 120 MPH was exhilarating! Reflecting on the experience, it was also a lesson in faith. Faith that I had the courage to actually jump from a perfectly good plane, faith that one of my five parachutes would open, and faith that I would land safely on the ground. My experience was successful...but now the rage to swoop down like an eagle or canadian geese into a pond that is only 3 feet deep...that would be a stretch for me and I'm sure for many. To top it off, when you swoop, you jump from 5,000 feet instead of a higher drop. A real faith tester...Huh. Maybe it will catch on, maybe it won't. If you have never skydived or swooped, here is your opportunity. I'm thinking about it (swooping)...how about you?


Check it out for yourself!

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5836492

No comments: