Thursday, September 11, 2008

Letting go...

I came across this verse the other day. It comes from Psalms 32, it was the way Eugene Peterson put it that struck me:

"When I kept it all inside, my bones turned to powder, my words became daylong groans...the pressure never let up, all the juices of my life dried up"....Then I let it all out, I said, "I'll make a clean breast of my failures to God." Suddenly the pressure was gone- my guilt dissolved, my sin disappeared." (vv.3-5) Message


How often do we feel like this? Especially when it seems like life is literally sucking us dry by circumstances, sin and unresolved issues. The Psalmist here is providing us the remedy for the internal struggles and pain. He says, "Let it all out," empty yourself and let the Almighty fill you again with His goodness and love. I don't know about you, but this brings me "peace in the midst," of _______ (you fill in the blank). Check out the song by Sanctus Real, maybe it will speak to you as it has to me.





No comments: